Websites, Videos and Presentations
Changing the Game in Bill Koch League Skiing This video presentation has been created as a resource specifically for BKL parents and coaches by NENSA and John O'Sullivan, the author of the #1 bestselling book Changing the Game: The Parents Guide to Raising Happy, High Performing Athletes.
Changing the Game Project Blog Frequent updates from John O'Sullivan on issues related to youth sports and Long Term Athlete Development
Roy Strum XC Coaching, Alberta Ski Team Director writes about his coaching experience with youth skiers.
Adventure to Excellence: An Adventure Approach to Creating a Positive BKL Team Culture Presentation by Jamie Hannon, Professor of Adventure Education at Plymouth State University
- Long-Term Athlete Development 1st Edition by Istvan Balyi, Richard Way, Colin Higgs
- Coaching Young Athletes – September, 1981 by Rainer Martens
- Coaching with Heart: Taoist Wisdom to Inspire, Empower, and Lead in Sports & Life by Jerry Lynch Ph.D. (Author), Chungliang Al Huang (Author)
- Quicksilver by Steve Butler and Karl Rohnke
- Cowstails and Cobras by Karl Rohnke
- Silver Bullets By Karl Rohnke
- No Props: Great Games with No Equipment by Mark Collard
- Tips & Tools for the Art of Experiential Group Facilitation by Jennifer Stanchfield
- Changing the Game: The Parent's Guide to Raising Happy, High Performing Athletes, and Giving Youth Sports Back to our Kids by John O'Sullivan
- Let Them Play: The Mindful Way to Parent Kids for Fun and Success in Sports Paperback – September 6, 2016 by Jerry Lynch (Author), Steve Kerr (Foreword)
We strongly urge all of our clubs to implement a background check procedure for incoming candidates, whether they are coaches or volunteers. Anyone who is coming into contact with children on a regular basis need to be screened. For our full statement on background checks and resources for clubs, follow the link below.