Overview of Camps and Trips
NENSA offers year round training camps, workshops, clinics and out of region trips, ranging from junior and elite level racers, to recreational and master skiers looking to enhance their skiing experience.
While NENSA organizes several of these events, we also collaborate with regional clubs and coaches, and U.S. Ski & Snowboard to make more opportunities available. Go to Events to view.
During the winter months, NENSA may travel to Regional and National competition events or on-snow camps, USSA SuperTour races, U.S. Nationals, and also fields the New England Team for USSA Junior Nationals. Athletes looking for support at other out of region events can contact Justin Beckwith for suggestions on acquiring race support.
Regional Training Group Camp (REG):
- Designed to bring our top juniors together for training, these are an important a part of the New England Athlete Development Pathway.
- Eastern Annual REG camp is one of four in the country and used as a selection for other U.S. Ski & Snowboard development camps.
- Members of the NENSA Elite and Development and Junior National Teams are eligible to receive invitations to attend these camps. For more information on any of these camps and trips contact Justin Beckwith.
Regional Development Group (RDG):
- RDG camp is meant to complement the longstanding Regional Elite Group (REG) camp and expand the number of athletes invited to attend summer regional development opportunities.
- Athletes are selected to attend RDG based on the NENSA U18/U20 ranking list; NENSA U16 ranking list; New England Eastern High School Championship overall results, and New England U16 Championship overall results.
- Top U18/U20 athletes not already invited to REG based on ‘21/’22 Junior Ranking List
- U16 athletes in positions 7-10 in the U16 JN Ranking list
- Top 3 overall NENSA EHS Combined Ranking
- Top 3 overall NENSA U16 Championship Combined Ranking
- Alternates are selected by moving to the next person on the list that was used to identify the athlete who declined
NENSA collaborates with regional clubs who offer summer camps, including listing events on our calendar. We encourage athletes to take advantage of these fantastic opportunities – NENSA staff is often present at part or all of these camps. See opportunities this June – August here.
US Ski & Snowboard offers several camps throughout the summer and fall for qualified /selected athletes. These include:
- US Ski & Snowboard National U16 Invitational Camp;
- National Elite Training Group camp (NEG); and
- National Training Group camp (NTG).
More info about these camps and the selection criteria can be found at U.S. Ski & Snowboard.