NENSA offers training camps, workshops, clinics and out of region trips, ranging from junior and elite level racers, to recreational and master skiers looking to enhance their skiing experience.
While NENSA organizes many of these events, we also collaborate with regional clubs and coaches, and U.S. Ski & Snowboard to make more opportunities available. Go to Events to view.
Regional Elite Group (REG)
- Designed to bring top juniors together for training, these are an important a part of the New England Athlete Development Pathway.
- The Eastern REG camp is one of four in the country and used as a selection for other U.S. Ski & Snowboard development camps.
- REG camp size is determined by venue, but typically 40-50 athletes.
- Junior members of the NENSA Elite and Development Teams are the first to receive invitations to attend these camps.
- Further spots (and/or alternates) will be named via the Junior Ranking List (JRL).
- Mid – Atlantic skiers are also nominated.
Regional Development Group (RDG)
- The RDG camp is meant to complement the longstanding Regional Elite Group (REG) camp and expand the number of athletes invited to attend summer regional development opportunities.
- Athletes are selected to attend RDG based on the NENSA U18/U20 ranking list; NENSA U16 ranking list; New England Eastern High School Championship overall results, and New England U16 Championship overall results.
- RDG camp size is determined by venue, but typically 20-30 athletes.
- Top U18/U20 JN athletes not already invited to REG based on Junior Ranking List
- U16 athletes in positions 7-10 in the U16 JN Ranking list
- Top 3 overall NENSA EHS Combined Ranking
- Top 3 overall NENSA U16 Championship Combined Ranking
- Alternates are selected by moving to the next person on the list that was used to identify the athlete who declined.
NENSA collaborates with regional clubs who offer summer camps, including listing events on our calendar. We encourage athletes to take advantage of these fantastic opportunities – NENSA staff is often present at part or all of these camps. See opportunities this June – August here.
U.S. Ski & Snowboard creates development opportunities throughout the summer and fall.
- US Ski & Snowboard National U16 Invitational Camp
- National Elite Training Group camp (NEG)
- National Training Group camp (NTG)
More info about these camps and the selection criteria can be found at U.S. Ski & Snowboard.
For more information on any of these camps and trips contact Justin Beckwith.