The Development Team is named based upon regional and national results. The Development Team is nominated once a year.
- The top 5 ranking skiers on the season-ending U.S. Ski & Snowboard Rankings list in the U18, U20, U23 (ranked in the top half of all competitors overall) and SR age-groups (ranked in the top 100 of NRL) excluding those named to the Elite Team.
- All U16s who make the New England JN Team.
- In addition, up to a total of 10 males and 10 females may be named at the discretion of the Athlete Development Committee.
NENSA Development Team Requirements:
In order to accept a position on the Development Team an athlete must agree to
- Represent New England in any national level competition, in addition to their home club and must show Eastern designation on their U.S. Ski & Snowboard license.
- Must belong to a NENSA club.
- Must be an active NENSA member.
NENSA Development Team Support:
- All U18, U20, and U23 athletes named have the potential to be invited to the summer NENSA camps. Invitations to REG are extended to Eastern skiers who reside in the region.
- Through a collaborative effort, NENSA and designated regional clubs will host Devo Team Training days and opportunities through summer and fall. Watch for specific announcements.
- The NENSA Team headband (for Junior athletes) – that you can wear proudly knowing you are a part of a select group of skiers here in New England.
Competitive Program Director, Justin Beckwith and the Athletic Development Committee (ADC) oversee this program. Questions? Contact [email protected]