NENSA Eastern Cup Series Information
The Eastern Cup Series is considered NENSA's signature race series, offering competition for BKL, Junior, Senior and Master skiers. Eastern Cup events determine the Junior Ranking List and will serve as the qualification for the Junior National Championships (JN's).
Designated Eastern Cups are sanctioned by U.S. Ski & Snowboard and or FIS. Athletes with Competitive Memberships earn U.S. Ski & Snowboard National Ranking List ("NRL") points, and FIS license holders earn FIS Points ("FIS") at designated events.
Although Eastern Cup events attract elite skiers, the Series is not just for the fastest cross-country ski racers. Athletes of all speeds get to compete with some of the nation’s best, and at select events, separate citizen waves allow for non-sanctioned racing for youngsters through masters. Eastern Cup and venues are encouraged to create fun environments for BKL skiers including terrain features or Kids Cross.
For more information about the Eastern Cup Series, contact Justin Beckwith.
Race Rule Reminders ~ All competitors and coaches should be familiar with this information.
2023 - 2024 – REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS/DEADLINES:
- On-line Registration CLOSES WEDNESDAY at 5pm, before the race weekend
- Seed lists are posted Thursday by 12 noon.
- Start lists posted by Friday 6pm for the Saturday and Sunday race.
- There will be no Day of Race Registration (DOR) offered at Eastern Cups this season.
- All racers MUST be current NENSA and/or U.S. Ski & Snowboard members to compete at designated events.
- Click here to join/renew your NENSA membership and Click here to join/renew U.S. Ski and Snowboard
- There will be a $10 "One Day" NENSA membership available to all competitors at every event this year to make EC's more accessible. (Please note skiers who choose this option will be included in JNQ or other NENSA rankings.)
- A minimum of a U.S. Ski & Snowboard general membership is required to race. Racers with international aims can purchase a FIS license.
- With a U.S. Ski & Snowboard Competitor Membership you are scored to the National Ranking List (NRL).
- A valid competitors membership is required (prior to the last NRL list) in order to be seeded for sanctioned events.
- To be eligible to compete at the Junior National Championships all (U16/U18/U20's) must have U.S. Ski & Snowboard membership.