NENSA Eastern & Vermont Cup Series Information
The Eastern Cup Series is considered NENSA's signature race series, offering competition for BKL, Junior, Senior and Master skiers. Eastern Cup events determine the Junior Ranking List and will serve as the qualification for the Eastern Regional Championships (ERC). ERC final qualification to be released as soon as possible when all EC and VC race disciplines are determined.
Designated Eastern Cups and Vermont Cups are sanctioned by US Ski & Snowboard. Athletes with Competitive Memberships earn U.S. Ski & Snowboard National Ranking List ("NRL") points, and FIS license holders earn FIS Points ("FIS") at designated events.
Although Eastern Cup and Vermont Cup events attract elite skiers, the Series is not just for the very fastest cross-country ski racers. Athletes of all speeds get to compete with some of the nation’s best, and at select events, there is a masters wave that allows those over thirty to race together. Eastern Cup and Vermont Cup venues are encouraged to create fun environments for BKL skiers including terrain features or Kids Cross.
For more information about the Eastern Cup Series, contact Justin Beckwith.
Race Rule Reminders ~ All competitors and coaches should be familiar with this information.
2021 - 2022 – REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS/DEADLINES:
- On-line Registration CLOSES WEDNESDAY at 5pm, before the race weekend
- Seed lists are posted Thursday by 12 noon.
- Start lists posted by Friday 6pm for the Saturday and Sunday race.
- There will be no Day of Race Registration (DOR) offered at Eastern Cups or Vermont Cups this season.
- All racers MUST be current NENSA and/or US Ski & Snowboard members to compete at designated events.
- Click here to join/renew your NENSA membership and Click here to join/renew U.S. Ski and Snowboard
- There will be a $10 "One Day" NENSA membership available to all competitors at every event this year to make EC's and VC's more accessible. (Please note skiers who choose this option will be included in JNQ or other NENSA rankings.)
- A minimum of a US Ski & Snowboard general membership is required to race.
- With a U.S. Ski & Snowboard Competitor Membership you are scored to the National Ranking List (NRL).
- To be eligible to compete at the Eastern Regional Championships all (U16/U18/U20's) must have US Ski & Snowboard competitor membership.