The following RED-S Resources and Sport Nutrition References were recommended by the USOPC Sports Dietitian, Megan Chacosky:
- Sunn Idrett (translated) – the Sports Nutrition section has lots of good articles and recommendations. This website takes a more “proactive” approach with ideas of what good, positive nutrition can look like.
- Emily Program Resources – videos and articles spanning a wide range of topics from disordered eating to body image.
- With All: What to Say – after taking a pledge to end harmful diet/weight talk, you’ll have access to a library of materials that can be specific to athletes, parents, or coaches on “What to Say” in certain situations around diet, weight, and body image talk.
- RED-S Clinical Assessment Tool
- IOC RED-S Consensus Statement
- National Eating Disorder Association
Sport Nutrition References:
- Find a Nutrition Expert in Your Area
- Team USA Nutrition Fact Sheets
- Multiple Sessions Fueling Examples
- Hydration Handout
- Recovery Nutrition Handout
- Fueling and Recovery Cheat Sheet
Development Nutrition Factsheets:
- Fueling 101
- Fueling to Win: Race Day Nutrition Tips
- Fueling for Multiple Events: Sample Meal Plan
- Hydration 101
- BKL Hydration Guide
- Recovery 101
Blog posts from professional athletes:
- Body issue(s) by Jessie Diggins
- Let’s talk about eating disorders by Jessie Diggins
- Word Matter, so let’s learn What to Say by Jessie Diggins
- Eating Disorder Awareness Week, and Brave Enough Book Excerpt by Jessie Diggins
- ED Awareness Week Part 2: The Support Team by Jessie Diggins
- Let’s talk training fuel: Part 1 by Jessie Diggins
- Training fuel, Part 2: the actual food by Jessie Diggins
- Body Image: Self-Confidence and Responsibility by Virginia De Martin
- When I Don’t Look in the Mirror by Hannah Halvorson
- I Don’t Have a 6-Pack, But a Car Hit Me & I Survived by Hannah Halvorson
- International Women’s XC “Breaking the Silence” video
- ROAR by Stacy Sims and Selene Yeager – Women are not small men. How to match food and fitness to the unique female physiology for optimum performance and great health.
- The Female Skier with Guru Stroem Solli – Considerations for coaching practice.
- British Association of Sport & Exercise Medicine: Female Athlete Health