The following resources were recommended by the USOPC Sports Dietitian:
- Sunn Idrett (translated) – the Sports Nutrition section has lots of good articles and recommendations. This website takes a more “proactive” approach with ideas of what good, positive nutrition can look like.
- Emily Program Resources – videos and articles spanning a wide range of topics from disordered eating to body image.
- With All: What to Say – after taking a pledge to end harmful diet/weight talk, you’ll have access to a library of materials that can be specific to athletes, parents, or coaches on “What to Say” in certain situations around diet, weight, and body image talk.
Blog posts from professional athletes:
- Body issue(s) by Jessie Diggins
- Let’s talk about eating disorders by Jessie Diggins
- Word Matter, so let’s learn What to Say by Jessie Diggins
- Eating Disorder Awareness Week, and Brave Enough Book Excerpt by Jessie Diggins
- ED Awareness Week Part 2: The Support Team by Jessie Diggins
- Let’s talk training fuel: Part 1 by Jessie Diggins
- Training fuel, Part 2: the actual food by Jessie Diggins
- Body Image: Self-Confidence and Responsibility by Virginia De Martin
Some female-specific resources: