NENSA COVID-19 Considerations and UPDATES for 2021
COVID UPDATES for the 2021-22 Season (updated December 2021)
The NENSA staff, like many of you, were hopeful this spring when the vaccines became widely available that we would not still be in the midst of the global pandemic this coming season. But we are, and as the Delta and now Omicron variants continue to spread we need to pivot and adjust accordingly to be sure we continue to keep our community as safe as possible. We are as committed as ever to our New England community and making every effort to host safe events and support our clubs during this time. Our primary goal is to keep our community safe while our secondary goal is to host our events albeit with some new formats that put health at the forefront and comply with all state, local, and venue COVID policies.
Here are our current recommendations and guidelines (subject to change as conditions warrant):
- NENSA is STRONGLY ENCOURAGING VACCINATIONS for all of our eligible ski community members. ***
- On all our registrations we are asking if participants are vaccinated or not (you can also choose not to answer the question, but we hope you do). If you choose not to answer, we will have to assume you are not vaccinated, and that might hinder your participation is some of our events that do require proof of vaccination.
- If inside space is available at any NENSA event, we are requiring everyone wear masks when indoors.
- We also strongly encourage masking outdoors where physical distancing is not possible.
- Like last season, we will have an official COVID Controller at the entrance to each event asking folks whether they are currently experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, and turning them away if they are, unless you have proof of a negative PCR COVID test.
- We also ask that all potential event attendees use common sense before arriving at an event and do not show up at an event if you have ANY symptoms, unless you have proof of a negative PCR COVID test.
- For any of our NENSA events that require traveling with a team (and eating and staying in hotel rooms together) - such as the New England Junior National Team, U16 Champs, and EHSC - we will be requiring all athletes, coaches, and staff members to all be fully vaccinated, zero exceptions. If, for any reason, you are not vaccinated, please contact [email protected] We will also follow all current recommendation for masking at that time and will err on the side of caution. Testing protocals will be done within each event.
- Practice best etiquette in your personal life and while traveling to and from events. Wear a mask in indoor public places, wash your hands often, social distance inside and outside, and be smart and safe so we can continue to put on great events for you all season while keeping you and our whole community as safe as possible!
- We understand that the course of this pandemic, and thus the guidelines put in place to keep us safe, might not progress linearly.Please note, the Guides from last winter linked below still contain some relevant and helpful information, despite not be updated for the 2021-22 season. These might be helpful for Event Organizers and Clubs.
*** Rikert Nordic Center requires that anyone utilizing indoor space be vaccinated.
More to come as the season progresses ~ thank you all!
Questions: Please contact [email protected].
In addition to our COVID UPDATES for the 2021-22 season, below you can find our 2020-21 Season NENSA COVID-19 XC Ski Host Guide & BKL COVID-19 Best Practices Guides, which have not been updated yet this year, but still contain relevant information.