The Green and Gold Promise (Adapted for NENSA)
As a caring ski community, we understand that our health and safety depend on how well we take care of each other. As a member of this community I promise to responsibly protect my health and the health of others. I make these efforts to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The virus that causes COVID-19 is highly contagious. It is possible to develop and contract COVID-19, even when individuals follow all of the safety precautions recommended by the CDC, and state guidelines. NENSA is following all coronavirus guidelines issued by the CDC Health professionals, or epidemiologists to reduce the spread of infection. However, by engaging in ski related activities, athletes, coaches and your family can never be completely shielded from all risk of exposure or illness caused by COVID-19.
I promise to:
CARE FOR MY PERSONAL HEALTH:
- Follow physical distancing and all face covering guidelines.
- Wash my hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer.
CARE FOR THE HEALTH OF ALL NENSA COMMUNITY MEMBERS AS WE RACE AND HOLD IN PERSON PROGRAMING (as allowed per state guidelines) THIS SEASON:
- Follow physical distancing guidelines, and not making assumptions about who may be more vulnerable to contracting this illness.
- Use discretion and not attend any NENSA race or event if I feel, or have been sick in the past 14 days.
- Stay home if I have been exposed to someone who is sick or has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Keep my clothing and belongings clean/sanitized, and not share any personal items with others.
- Follow all directions given by officials and race/event organizers, displayed on venue signage, and on SkiReg.com when registering for races and events this season.
- Individual activities and facilities may have more specific requirements based upon the unique risks presented, and you must also comply with those requirements to attend NENSA events.
- This virus does not discriminate and neither will I. No person or group of people is responsible for this virus and I will not blame the presence of COVID-19 on anyone in my community.
CARE FOR THE HEALTH OF OUR SURROUNDING NEW ENGLAND COMMUNITY:
- Complete any state-required quarantine and/or testing prior to arrival for a race or event. Details for these state requirements can be found here at:
- Monitor for the symptoms of COVID-19 and report to a medical professional if I experience fever of 100.4 F (38 C) or higher, cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or loss of taste or smell, or other symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Promptly report any known or potential exposures to COVID-19 to your coach and participate fully and honestly in contact tracing to determine whom I may have potentially exposed to COVID-19.
- Follow the instructions of medical professionals, which may include being tested for COVID-19 and self-quarantining while test results are pending, and/or being evaluated.
- Self-isolate in accordance with CDC health guidelines if I test positive for COVID-19.
- Practice safe physical distancing when participating in the community outside of skiing this season.
- Pay attention to and observe city and state directives.
Remember that not everyone is affected the same way by COVID-19. By complying with COVID-19 health guidelines, I will help those who are most vulnerable to stay safe.
As more information is gathered and known, individual states may modify the required health and safety practices outlined above. I understand it is my responsibility to keep apprised of these changes to protect myself, the NENSA community, and the broader New England community.
I have read, understand, and agree to comply with the “New England Cross Country Promise.” I also acknowledge that this Promise is a condition of my ability to participate in the 2021- 22 NENSA race and event season and utilize our various venue host facilities. My failure to comply may result in my immediate removal from these venues and/or may affect my ability to continue participating in further events or races.
I understand that the only way to get safely through the COVID-19 crisis is if we care for each other and our community!