AKA Citizen, Popular, Seniors, Masters or . .
New England offers a variety of events for senior (20-29) and master skiers (age 30+). Whether you are interested in racing or recreational skiing, a quick look at our Events Calendar will no doubt catch your attention!
New England is home to many very accomplished cross country skiers as seen by the outstanding results at World and Masters Nationals. Senior and Masters skiers enthusiastically take on the fun, camaraderie, and competition of our NENSA Zak and Club Cup Series and the NENSA Marathon Series.
If your interest is more on the recreational side, the NENSA Marathon Series offers a touring class at all events. There are other ways to become involved too – do you enjoy the idea of helping developing young athletes reach their potential? Often times master skiers have a wealth of knowledge and skills that they would like to put to good use. Mentoring a young developing athlete, team or club is a great place to be involved!
Master skiers of all ability levels enjoy opportunities for NENSA clinics, competition, and other events throughout New England. A few highlights include:
The New England Marathon Series
25, 30, and 50K classic and freestyle events in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.
The NENSA Eastern Cup Series
Yes, there are lots of young skiers zipping around, but masters are welcome. In addition, some mass start races feature a masters-only wave for those wishing to avoid the competitiveness of an Eastern Cup mass start.
The NENSA Zak/Club Cup Series
Just the right mix of fun, adventure, and great competition for experienced racers and those brand new to the racing scene. This series allows racers to earn points toward the individual age-group Zak Cup Titles and Club honors.
New for 2022 the White Mountain Classic is now also a State Based Championship in which participation is encouraged and essential to success. Recruit your club & have some fun with your rivals from other states at the Northeast Citizen’s State Championship. The most important part is to recruit your team! Scoring is simple.
Northeast Citizen’s State Championship Scoring:
- The minimum state team size is 7; any combination of men and women can score.
- No upper limit on team size (no need to declare scoring members prior to the race, pick from your top performances in the results!)
- All team members must be current members of NENSA
- Athletes shall compete for the state of residence declared on their Ski-Reg entry form.
- Scoring age groups begin with U23 (20-22-year-olds), Senior (23-29-year-olds), and continue through all Masters classes. Currently, M10 includes all ages 75+. Scorers will break M10 into 5-year increments (“M11”, “M12”, etc.)
- The Team Captain is responsible for verifying membership, age-appropriateness, and recording the within age-class place finish of all team members.
- The NENSA Masters Committee will do the final team scoring.
- Scoring will be based on the best 7 place finishers within the age classes scored. Ties are broken by best 8th, then 9th place finish.
- The NENSA scoring committee reserves the right to delay awards in the event of race timing or other scoring problems.