Spring and the new training season are in full swing across the East. Based on previous year’s feedback and a desire to spice up the fourth edition of this community activating event — #25KinMay will be condensed into the final week of May. Starting on May 25th we encourage you to get out and safely enjoy rollerskiing as you ease into more specific training.
– Best Video — Grab some friends and get creative. Please choose music suitable for all ages. Videos should be under 60 seconds.
– Best Image — Rollerskiing can take you to inspiring places, from mountainous terrain to the spectacle of your local green space. Capture unique lighting, settings or people in your images.
– Roll to Snow (or Water) — It’s getting harder to find white stuff, but there are still patches in the high reaches of ski areas, your local ice rink. Use your creativity and remember water is snow in another form.
– Members 25 — Any NENSA member who reports a 25km ski.
– Check your equipment.
– Get out there and ski.
– Take photos and video (make your edit).
– Make sure tag NENSA and include #25kinmay (email outside content to [email protected]).
NENSA staff will vote on winners from each category — winners will receive our 2023-2024 Rollerski Season Trucker hat. “Members 25” will include a raffle for a night at the Trapp Family Lodge.
NENSA will share your content on our social feeds Instagram | Facebook and highlight top submissions in KickZone and nensa.net
History and Spirit of #25KinMay:
This is the event that gets people thinking about rolling every spring. Originally a way for the community to share activity during the pandemic, it has developed into a way to shift the paradigm of rollerski from being just a training mechanism. It’s a time to reach out to friends or connect with new ones to plan an adventure. Ever see a road that was just calling for a ski? Or maybe there is a bike path that you had always wanted to check out. We want you to challenge yourself and utilize rollerskis as a fun tool and build the social energy of our summertime programs. We love the stories we’ve shared for the past three years!
#25KinMay is free – simply get out there and report your ski to us via Social Media (or email). The event is for everyone and based primarily on participation and this year, creativity! Please add descriptors to your routes, challenges and successes.
The number one rule remains: BE SAFE out there. Skiers must select terrain suitable for their skill level.
NENSA’s mission is to provide excitement to our broader cross country skiing community and continue the momentum of NENSA’s Rollerski Programming. We look forward to unveiling our 2023 Rollerski Race Series this month and visiting clubs throughout the East this summer!
Recruit friends to join you – use #25KinMay for motivation to get rolling!