2020-2021 | Zak Cup & Marathon Series Event Bid Information
This page includes bid information for NENSA Popular Races including:
- Zak & Club Cup Series
- Marathon Series
NENSA ZAK CUP & CLUB CUP SERIES
The Zak and Club Cup Series brings together NENSA’s traditional Zak Cup age group and the Club Cup Series into a single series of events featuring some of New England’s finest citizen races. These events are targeted at NENSA’s clubs and engage BKL through Masters age groups. All events that are part of this Zak Cup Series are scored for Club Cup points with all participants earning at least one point for their club. One distance on each day is scored for the Zak Cup to ensure appropriate head-to-head competition within age groups. These events are heavily promoted and we hope to see 100+ participants at each event. NENSA can provide Technical Delegates at these Series events for the same criteria as Eastern Cups. Zak and Club Cup Series Organizers should contact the Eastern TD Coordinator to request a TD for your event. Race sites with strong volunteer bases and some experience in hosting races are encouraged to bid for a Zak and Club Cup Series events. Click here for more information on NENSA’s Zak Cup and Club Cup Series.
In the last two years the Popular Race Series has grown from approximately 10 events to over 20 events! These races should have a balance of varied technique and distances to be chosen for the Zak Cup and Club Cup series. Many events are now offering untimed our touring classes – branded with fun names like, “What the Heck” and “Just Try It!” We have seen growth in participation for the past two years and look forward to next winter.
Zak Cup and Club Cup Series events are selected by NENSA’s Masters Committee.
- Bidding will open in April 15th for your events to be named to the 2020-2021 Zak Cup & Club Cup Season. All bids due by June 1st. Please direct questions to [email protected]
Zak Cup Organizers expectations:
- Organizers must use SkiReg for registration.
- Entry fee is up to the host. NENSA will assess a $2 per participant (BKL excluded) head-tax which is set up to automatically withdraw via SkiReg.
NEW ENGLAND MARATHON SERIES
The events of the New England Marathon Series offer a classic cross country ski experience with fully supported courses showcasing some of New England’s premier venues. There is something for everyone, welcoming skiers of all levels to test their endurance, or just make the most of a winter’s day on courses ranging from 25K to 50K. Elite racers and recreational touring skiers alike are invited to enjoy a traditional ski marathon experience and some of the finest skiing in New England! Visit our NENSA New England Marathon Series page for more information.
- Bidding will open in April 15th, for your events to be named to the 2020-2021 New England Marathon Series. All bids due by June 1st.
- Each season, 6-8 events will be named to the New England Marathon Series as selected by NENSA’s Masters Committee.