NENSA is excited to share that in addition to our race support model, we are now also offering noncompetitive recreational event support for ski clinics and touring events. Whether you want to host a learn-to-ski day for people who’ve never skied before or you want to offer a recreational ski tour adventure with food stops along the way, NENSA is happy to help. Interest in cross country skiing is growing and there are many people who want to try our awesome sport and/or grow their skills. In addition to bolstering your own ski community, recreational events such as ski clinics and tours also bring in new people who will return to your venue for years to come.
NENSA is looking for venues/clubs interested in growing recreational offerings in our region. Our goal for 2023-24 will be to incentivize participation through shared experiences and adventures all across our region. Venues interested in having their event supported by NENSA should complete the bid form HERE by July 15th. Early submissions are encouraged so we can help shape a calendar that minimizes event overlap.
$2 headtax/registrant NENSA Event Contributions & Responsibilities:
- Promote the event and the host site on the NENSA calendar and through social media.
- NENSA will share write ups received from the organizer
- Assist the host with online registration set-up.
- Provide planning materials such as sample schedules, budgets, and task lists.
- Attend virtual event planning meetings.
$5 headtax/registrant NENSA Event Contributions & Responsibilities:p
- All items listed above.
- NENSA staff will physically attend these events and provide on-site support with event management.
- NENSA will capture and share content (live streaming, realtime social media) and create pre and post event write ups and video documentation.
- Use of 12 NENSA radios.
- Run event registration.
- Provide clinic instructors, tour leaders, and event volunteers.
- Generate an event medical plan.
- Provide the day’s programming and schedule of events.
- Provide a warm indoor space for registration, clinic or tour sign-up, lunch, wrap-up gathering, and/or wax clinic.
- Provide trails and grooming.
- Provide rental equipment at a reasonable cost.
- PA system and/or bullhorn for announcements.
- A bagged lunch for participants.
- Outdoor space for industry reps to set up tents for demos.
- Ample parking space.
- Solicit event sponsors, if desired (must not directly conflict with NENSA’s sponsors).
- Optional event photographer.
Additional information, including a sample ski clinic info sheet, available HERE.
Questions? Email [email protected].