Welcome to the Rossignol Free Fall Rollerski Race presented by Mansfield Nordic Club and Ethan Allen Biathlon Club!
Please note the 2019 event will be Freestyle.
- Online registration closes 5pm
- Day-of-Race Registration available for an increased fee
- 5pm pre-registered start lists posted (NENSA, MNC websites)
- 8AM venue open for arrival, course marked for inspection, DOR registration open in Timing Building
- Day-Of-Rage Registration ($50): DOR registration closes 9:00AM
- 9:20 courses closed to rollerskiers
- 9:30AM Men's 12km freestyle. Individual start. CLOSED COURSE
- Course OPEN for warmup after final 12km finisher via PA announcement
- 11:15AM Women's and U16 girls 8km freestyle, interval start, CLOSED COURSE
- 12:00PM U16 Boys 8km freestyle, interval start, CLOSED COURSE
- 1pm Awards - Cash and prizes for Open Male and Female winner, prizes by EnjoyWinter: Bliz, Swenor, Anti-Freeze Face Tape
- Immediately after awards - Nordic Cross Sprint Trial: $5 entry to race 2 timed laps of a feature-filled Nordic Cross course! Top 3 finishers in each race receive 30, 20, and 10 bonus seconds, respectively, that will be deducted from their Free Fall race time and determine overall rankings for the NENSA High Peaks Cyclery Rollerski Race Series! Proceeds benefit NENSA and Mansfield Nordic Club.
- 2PM Awards ceremony
- Race loop is approximately 4km long:
- U16 athletes: 2 laps for 8km
- U18 and older athletes: 3 laps for 12km
- Courses will be marked and labelled in the intended direction of travel. For safety reasons, please DO NOT ski backwards on the course at any time.
- At 9:45AM on race day (15 min prior to first race start) all courses will be CLOSED to rollerski traffic. Running warmups on the side of the trail are allowed, with runners remaining off the pavement and yielding to racers whenever applicable.
Race and Ski Notes
- While this is a race, please keep safety in mind at all times. HELMETS ARE MANDATORY for all racers. Avoid overtaking competitors on fast downhill and cornering sections.
- Safety and EMT personnel will be on hand during race day.
- Volunteer course monitors will be present on race day. There will be a TD officiating and skiers should follow FIS rules.
- Race organizers reserve the right to omit or make note on published/final results any skiers utilizing rollerskis with unreasonably fast or "racing" (e.g. urethane) wheels.
- Great prizes fromEnjoyWinter.com (Swenor, Bliz & Anti-Freeze Face Tape), Swix, Skirack,
- Need directions to the Camp Ethan Allen Training Site? Please follow THIS LINK for some helpful directions. Be mindful of Range speed limits at all times.
Please contact Event Organizer, Adam Terko, with specific event questions.