Diversity is fact.
Inclusion and equality are values.
The New England Nordic Ski Association (NENSA) is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture in our workplace, and at all our programs, races, events, trainings and camps. It is our intent to promote diversity within our sport, and eliminate discrimination in the workplace and at any of our NENSA events.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity. Each employee will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result.
This policy reinforces our commitment as an organization to providing equality and fairness to all our employees, Board members, volunteers and program/event attendees, and not provide less favorable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sex and sexual orientation. We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, no matter whether they are part-time, full-time, or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. When NENSA selects candidates for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit, it will be on the basis of their aptitude and ability.
All employees will be given help and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilize their unique talents. Therefore, the skills and resources of our organization will be fully utilized and we will maximize the efficiency of our whole staff.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all team members are recognized and valued.
- To create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for every employee, Board member, volunteer, and/or program participant.
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment, and to discipline those that breach this policy.
- To make training, development, and progression opportunities available to all.
- To promote equality in the workplace.
- To encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can apply corrective measures.
- To encourage employees and Board members to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- To regularly review all our employment practices and procedures so that fairness is maintained at all times.
NENSA equality and diversity policy will be included in our NENSA Employee Handbook and Policy Manual, and can be found on the “About Us” section of our website. The policy will also be drawn to the attention of funding sources, stakeholders, members, and job applicants.
NENSA’s equality and diversity policy is fully supported by our Board of Directors and Personnel Committee. Our policy will be monitored and reviewed annually to ensure that equality and diversity is continually promoted in the workplace.
And finally, NENSA pledges to actively engage in the diversity effort within our own sport of cross country skiing – as staff and Board members. We will continue to look for opportunities for our organization and our members to become involved and support cross country skiing at all levels here in New England, and create a welcoming community for people of all races, sexual orientations, gender identities, and economic backgrounds.
Last updated 8/7/20