Resources & Organizations
- Athlete Ally – Athlete Ally is a 501c-3 nonprofit organization that provides public awareness campaigns, educational programming and tools and resources to foster inclusive sports communities. They mobilize Ambassadors in collegiate, professional and Olympic sports who work to foster “allyship” in their athletic environments.
- GLAAD Sports Media Project – Stories that show how athletes, teams, leagues, and journalists who cover the world of sports are dealing with LGBT-related issues
- OUTrun – a community organization created to empower and connect LGBTQ+ individuals within the running community.
- OutSports – A news site compiling videos, photos, and stories related to LGBTQA athletes.
- You Can Play – You Can Play works to guarantee that athletes are given a fair opportunity to compete, judged by other athletes and fans alike, only by what they contribute to the sport or their team’s success. You Can Play seeks to challenge the culture of locker rooms and spectator areas by focusing only on an athlete’s skills, work ethic and competitive spirit.
Athletes to follow: