- This event has passed.
The Lost Nation Roll
October 25, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
The Craftsbury Outdoor Center is excited to invite racers to attend the first open rollerski race on our freshly paved rollerski track. In the early portion of the summer of 2020, the Outdoor Center paved a 3.3km portion of our trail network in order to provide off-the-road rollerskiing for our athletes and the greater community. After hosting a series of time trials and smaller biathlon races, we are excited to open the track up to the public for a race.
U16s will race two figure 8 laps for a total of 5.6km
Open women will race three figure 8 laps for a total of 8.4km
Open men will race four figure 8 laps for a total of 11.2km
Start intervals will be 30sec, with women starting at 10:30am and men at 11:30am. U16s will be mixed in amongst the rest of their gender.
You can find a course map here and stadium map here. The course will close at 10:20am and will not open again before the men’s race.
The race course includes the challenging Dennis’s Nemesis downhill once per lap. If you are not comfortable on rollerskis, this may not be the right event for you. This downhill is high speed and includes an S-turn (or chicane) at the bottom. Please arrive early enough to preview the course.
COVID-19 Precautions and Mitigation Measures
First and foremost, please familiarize yourself with the state of Vermont’s A.C.C.D. travel guidelines. Out-of-state visitors must live in a county with fewer than 400 cases per million residents as counted by the A.C.C.D. Competitors from non-approved counties who register will be turned away without a refund. The state updates its maps Tuesday and we will be using the October 20th map as our guideline. If you have questions or concerns, please email race director Ollie Burruss.
Further COVID-19 rules are below:
- Face coverings (masks, buffs, etc.) are required to be worn by all competitors and volunteers up until the competitor toes the start line. Face coverings are not required during the race, but must be carried on one’s person in order to be worn promptly upon finishing. This means wearing a mask while warming up.
- No indoor space will be open to competitors, so plan accordingly to stage out of your car. We will have portable toilets in the upper and lower parking lots.
- Physical distancing is expected amongst all participants. No close socializing or congregating. It is all of our responsiblity to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Violations of these rules will result in competitors’ loss of participation privileges or disqualification.
- No spectators! Sorry, parents, relatives, friends, and fans, but we cannot allow spectators due to the pandemic. You can stay in your car or go for a walk or ride, but we cannot permit trackside spectating.
More details will be emailed to competitors, including information about bib pickup and any further COVID-related precautions. Please be sure to provide a working email address and check it frequently leading up to the race.