- This event has passed.
Rangeley Loppet 2021
March 6, 2021 - March 7, 2021
Due to Covid precautions we have changed our format this year, moving the 25K Freestyle, 25K Classic and 25k Tour to Sunday morning to try to avoid any large gatherings. The total racer limit per day is 100. As the race dates get closer, we will close registration for races if 100 participants are reached across categories for the day. We have set up a waitlist under the 50K FS category in case this happens. Also feel free to contact us at [email protected] or 207-864-4309 to get on a waitlist.
The new schedule is as follows:
Saturday March 6, 9:45AM : 50K Freestyle Loppet
Sunday March 7, 9:05 AM : 25K Burt Kettle Classic
Sunday March 7, 9:45 AM : 25K Freestyle
Sunday March 7, 9:55AM : 25K Tour
Races will have a Wave start 10 at a time at one minute intervals. We will seed based on previous race times and other applicable race times.
COVID PRECAUTIONS (subject to change):
– If you have ANY COVID symptoms, cough,fever, chills, shortness of breath/ difficulty breathing, fatigue, etc., or within the past 14 days have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid or has Covid-like symptoms, please stay home! We will refund your race fee minus the ski reg fee.
-FACE MASKS AND 6′ SOCIAL DISTANCING ARE REQUIRED PRE RACE, IN PARKING AREAS, NEAR YURT, IN THE START AREA.
– If we are forced to cancel the event due to Covid restrictions, or any other Covid related concerns WE WILL REFUND ALL ENTRY FEES minus the SKIREG fees.
– BUFFS ARE REQUIRED ON THE COURSE AND MUST BE WORN IF PASSING OR WITHIN 6′ OF ANOTHER PERSON.
– 10 PERSON WAVE STARTS- GROUPS WILL BE SEEDED BASED ON PAST RESULTS ETC.
– THERE WILL NOT BE AN AWARDS CEREMONY. WE WILL RECOGNIZE OUR WINNERS ONLINE AND EMAIL AND GET PRIZES TO THEM BEFORE THEY LEAVE OR IN PERSON SOME OTHER WAY.
– ALL COMPETITORS WILL NEED TO DO A PRE-RACE COVID SCREENING and a TEMPERATURE SCAN ON RACE DAY.
– NO SPECTATOR GATHERINGS. MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES APPLY TO ALL.
– ALL MAINE COVID POLICIES APPLY: