- This event has passed.
May 1, 2021 - May 31, 2021
Our first ever NENSA Virtual Rollerski Event is back!!
While you might not be as isolated as you were a year ago — this month we again focus on returning to rollerskis! We want you to challenge yourself and utilize rollerskis as a fun tool to access beautiful places! More so we want to build the positive social energy of our summertime programs. In 2020, many folks returned to rollerskiing or tried it for the first time due to the excitement around #25KinMay. Over 200 people participated and we so loved sharing the stories from New England and beyond!
This year #25KinMay is free – simply get out there and report your ski (or ski walking or biking) data to us here. The event is for everyone and based primarily on participation. There will be raffle prizes and awards for fast times, exceptional routes and reporting. The number one rule remains: BE SAFE out there. Skiers must select terrain suitable for their skill level.
NENSA’s mission is to provide excitement to our broader cross country skiing community and continue the momentum of NENSA’s Rollerski Programming. We look forward to unveiling our new fleet of Swenor skis in mid – May and a 2021 Rollerski Race Series in June!
Recruit friends to join you – use #25KinMay for motivation to get rolling! Let’s see if we can top the 13,126 kilometers we skied together in 2020!!
Entries can be submitted at any point between May 1st and May 31st. NENSA will display and showcase activities throughout the challenge — videos and pictures are encouraged with each event submission as well as tagging @nensa_nordic and #25KinMay on your own socials. Skiers can enter multiple times – and we’ll have an Ironman and Ironwoman award for those special endurance types!
Again there is no cost for #25KinMay
but we are encouraging membership by continuing the promotion we started last year
ALL NENSA MEMBERSHIP
in May is $25 ! ! !
As an added bonus each entry will receive one raffle ticket (two tickets if you have renewed your 2022 NENSA membership) towards a growing prize pool. Membership renewal HERE.
Our 2021 categories will be:
- Rockstar: For folks who want to ski the full 25km in one go. Participants will be listed by pace per K.
- Speedy Repeater: For someone who wants to break up 25km into more manageable pieces. We’ll track your K’s through the month.
- My Own Pace or “Let’s Walk”: This is the touring class or for folks who might not be comfortable on rollerskis and want to ski walk (or bike).
- BKL: rollerski (ski walk or bike) 10k in May whether in one go or split up into multiple segments
- Keep Up With Beckwith: This category is geared towards masters skiers to keep pace with our Competitive Program Director as he challenges himself to 250km of skiing throughout the month
SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES HERE
Be creative and share your story – the training season has begun – Let’s Have Fun!!
Questions: [email protected]