The NENSA Rollerski Race series heads to New Hampshire this Sunday August 22nd for the Rollins Roll, a classic individual start race up Mt. Kearsarge. This fun event has junior and senior categories and is a perfect opportunity to test your fitness on rollerskis and enjoy a scenic climb on a closed park road whether you’re a middle or high school athlete, senior athlete, or a master skier. This test event at the Rollins State Park could establish a new hill climb for our growing rollerski race program. Join in the fun by registering below. Registration deadline Saturday August 21st at 5:00pm.
- Course is approximately 3.5 miles long with an 8.7% average grade and 1,738′ elevation gain.
- Bib pickup will be at the summit. The organizing committee will provide van transport to the start (please bring a mask for transport).
- At the start area, warm up will be allowed on foot on the park road following proper pedestrian patterns. Athletes can also carefully ski on Gore and Kearsarge Mt. Road below the park entrance. Please wear your bib and high vis for warmup.
- Interval race start at 8:00am. Awards 9:15am at the summit. We ask that competitors and spectators carpool as much as possible. There will be 30 parking spots at the top of the road. All spectating shall be on foot from the summit or outside the park.
- Racers will be started in a seeded start list with no breaks between age groups or genders. The road will be clear of all skiers by 9:00am (and opening to the public).
- The top 10 seeded male and female skiers will be given NENSA’s matched Swenor Alutech skis.
- There will be a porta potty at the start and bathrooms available at the summit.
photos: Dave Priganc