To all Eastern Cup Athletes and Coaches –
Our Eastern Cup Opener is just a week away – here are a few reminders and tips so you will be all set to race next weekend.
- Registration is on SkiReg.com. Registration closes next Weds. 12/14 at 5pm sharp.
- You must have valid and current NENSA and USSA memberships in order to register on SkiReg. If you have not renewed those memberships yet – NO NOT DELAY – DO THAT NOW. NENSA memberships are instantaneous, but there is lag time in verifying USSA membership numbers, so get your memberships renewed, before going to SkiReg. DO NOT wait and do it all on the final day.
- 83% Classic Pole Rule: This new FIS ruling will be enforced at all FIS sanctioned races this season. Craftsbury is building a simple measuring guide that ALL racers can use, to be sure their classic poles are in compliance. The new rules say that your classic poles have to be no more than 83% of your height, wearing your ski boots. Pole height is measured from the tip of your pole on up to the top of your pole strap. NO racers will be allowed to race if their poles are too long. So, take time to stop by the measuring station well before the start of your race on Saturday, so if your poles are too long, you have time to exchange them. For more information on this new FIS rule see fis-ski.com
- Be sure to check the Virtual Team Captains Meeting (VTCM) page often for updates on the weekend. VTCM can be found on NENSA.net under EVENTS and EASTERN CUP SERIES.
- THINK SNOW, and we look forward to seeing you all next weekend ~ let the season begin!
Mom of a skier says
Why isn’t there a link to registration…..
Amie Smith says
Hi Mom of Skier –
Thank you – all Eastern Cup registrations can be found on http://www.SkiReg.com but I have make this link above live for this coming weekend EC opener at Craftsbury – see you there!
Best, NENSA staff
Are the Eastern Cup events for Masters?
Amie Smith says
Hello John ~
YES!! All ages, including Masters are invited to race in our Eastern Cup series. There will be a prize category for Masters racers this coming weekend too – hope you will join us!
The NENSA staff